Newsletter Art Club Yellow Pages Site Map Search Join Us Log In

Today community.gif About Power & Politics Culture & History Art & Entertainment Glam & Gossip LifeStyle Mind & Body
    Editorial Section

Oct 24, 2014
Iran-Dokht
Selected Articles

Interviews

News Headlines

Recommended Books
  Over last few weeks many of you have asked me to suggest some books for...  
Volunteer
  Student and recent graduates who want to gain experience as well as those who...  
Community Board
IranDokht.com  >  Community Corners  >  Community Board
Related Sections 
Something To Think About
Community News
Community Board
Let Our Voices Be Heard
Laugh Out Loud ... LOL
Culture Chit-Chat
In Focus
Photographer: Gholamreza Alivand  
Article Tools Print This Email this Article Feedback Write For IranDokht
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next  

Comments    Post a Comment 
posted by admin on: 04/04/11
Miso for radiation effect prevention

Dear Friends

The people of Japan have even more to deal with now than the devastation of the earthquake and tsunamis. But people on the west coast of the US may also be dealing with some drift of radiation. It has been reported that miso can be helpful to people dealing with possible radiation exposure (whether atmospheric or medically induced). So, if miso is at all appealing, I would suggest making it a significant part of your diet in the next weeks.

Here's one link describing one study supporting that protective effect:
http://www.mitoku.com/products/miso/atomic_metals.html

You can find miso paste at the refrigerated section of stores like Henry's.

Here my recipe for miso soup:

chicken broth or water, garlic, a little bit of ginger, green onions or leak, pepper (don't add salt since miso is very salty), for soup for three poeple use 2 table spoon of miso paste (add more or less to your taste). boil everything for 20 minutes on medium heat and add other vegies if you like. I added cilantro right before serving. it was great.

Zarin

posted by admin on: 12/29/09
Mona Zarei needs our help

To all of my fellow Iranians living in the U.S.,

My name is Mona Zarei and I am writing to you from the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Jackson Memorial Hospital, in Miami, Florida.

I am a 26-yearold graduate of Sharif University in Tehran, currently a PhD student in Electrical Engineering at the Florida International University. Unfortunately after only four months living in America, in November 2007, I was diagnosed with a rare blood disorder, which has gradually led to bone marrow failure.

Despite the dramatic affects of the disease on my day-to-day life and its harsh unknown emerging consequences, I have fulfilled my studies, teaching, and research obligations in order to keep my scholarship and health insurance. During this time, my physicians have exhausted all available means and treatments to control the symptoms of my incurable condition. Still I am struggling with the dangerous complications of my condition. Despite my deep desire for their presence by my side, my parents were not granted visitor's visas to come and visit me and stay by my bedside. I have fought this by myself for almost two years trying to stay strong and keep my spirits high.

Within the last two months, I have been repeatedly hospitalized in the intensive care unit (ICU). As my medical team has concluded, my only option for survival is a bone marrow transplant. I have tried several bone marrow banks, but have not been successful in finding a match.

Scientifically, the possibility of finding a match among Iranians is higher than those of other nationalities. It is for this reason that I am reaching out to you for help in saving my life.

The test that will determine your bone marrow type requires only a few cells that you yourself can easily swab from your cheek. The test doesn't hurt you in any way and won't cost you a cent! Through the kind support of PACI (Persian American Cancer Institute), anyone can be tested for FREE through 1/31/2010. To register and receive a FREE test kit, visit www.paci.org.

If you do turn out to be my match, all I will need is some of the stem cells of your blood to be transferred to my body. This still doesn't require surgery, only a little bit of your blood.

These past few months of hardship have caused me to reach the end of my rope. I am unsure how much longer I have to live. But what I do know is that the one thing that can save my life is a matching donor.

And with Iranians like you, I am unwilling to lose hope!

I desperately need your help and kind support in finding my match.

"Be the one to save a life"

With respect, Mona Zarei

posted by admin on: 03/15/09
لحظه تحويل سال نو

لحظه تحويل سال نو در شهرهاى بزرگ جهان
سال نو خورشیدی در روز جمعه ۳۰ اسفند ۱۳۸۷ هجرى شمسى (برابر با ۲۰ مارس ۲۰۰۹ ميلادى) به ساعت ۱۵ و ۱۳ دقیقه و ۳۹ ثانیه به وقت تهران، و ساعت ۱۱ و ۴۳ دقیقه و ۳۹ ثانیه به وقت گرینویچ حلول می کند.

لحظه حلول سال نو خورشیدی به وقت دیگر شهرهای جهان به شرح زیر است:

۴:۴۳:۳۹ - سان فرانسيسكو، لس آنجلس، ونكوور
۵:۴۳:۳۹ - گواتلاما، مكزيكوسيتى
۶:۴۳:۳۹ - شيكاگو، هوستون، وينپگ
۷:۴۳:۳۹ - آتلانتا، بوستون، تورونتو، ديترويت، فيلادلفيا، مونترئال، ميامى، نيويورک، هاوانا، واشنگتن
۸:۴۳:۳۹ - برازيليا، بوئنوس آيرس، ريو دو ژانيرو، سائوپائولو، هاليفاكس
۱۱:۴۳:۳۹ - ليسبون، دوبلين، لندن
۱۲:۴۳:۳۹ - استكهلم، اسلو، آمستردام، بارسلونا، برلين، بروکسل، بلگراد، بوداپست، پاريس، پراگ، رم، زوريخ، ژنو، كپنهاگ، لاگوس، مادريد، ورشو، وين
۱۳:۴۳:۳۹ - آتن، آنكارا، استانبول، امان، بيت‏المقدس، بخارست، بيروت، ژوهانسبورگ، قاهره، كيپ‏تاون، كى‏يف، مينسک، هلسينكى
۱۴:۴۳:۳۹ - عدن، آديس آبابا، بغداد، خارطوم، رياض، كويت، مسكو، نايروبى
۱۵:۱۳:۳۹ - تهران
۱۵:۴۳:۳۹ - دبى
۱۶:۱۳:۳۹ - كابل
۱۶:۴۳:۳۹ - اسلام آباد، تاشكند، دوشنبه، كراچى، لاهور
۱۷:۱۳:۳۹ - بمبئى، دهلى نو، كلكته
۱۷:۲۸:۳۹ - كاتماندو
۱۷:۴۳:۳۹ - آلماتى، داكا
۱۸:۴۳:۳۹ - بانكوک، جاكارتا، هانوى
۱۹:۴۳:۳۹ - پكن، تايوان، سنگاپور، شانگهاى، كوالالامپور، مانيل، هنگ كنگ
۲۰:۴۳:۳۹ - توكيو، سئول
۲۲:۱۳:۳۹ - آدلايد
۲۲:۴۳:۳۹ - سيدنى، ملبورن

posted by admin on: 03/14/09
Nowruz Gala

Dear Fellow Iranians,

After almost 4 long years the Iranian Community of Eastern of the United States decided to go back together and to have ONE PARADE.

This is the year which started with “YES, WE CAN” and got us the new president. Our great community followed the slogan and they did it! So:

YES, WE CAN!

Thanks for hard work of many many individuals who are leading these two Parades and their leaders: Dr. Assadi, Dr. Rezazadeh, Dr. Ahkami, Ms. Nikpour, Mr. Javid to name few. However, special appreciation should go to Dr. Hedayati who worked so hard and didn’t give up until he reached an agreement.

Let’s join the Iranian-Society of New York on Saturday March 21 to celebrate the Nowruz and to thank Dr. Hedayati the President of the society for his hard work.

Nowruz Gala

www.iasnewyork.org

posted by admin on: 02/07/09
فلسفه پیدایش تخته نرد

خرد و خلاقیت بزرگمهر - در زمان پادشاهی انوشیروان خسرو پسر قباد، پادشاه هند «دیورسام بزرگ» برای سنجش خرد و دانایی ایرانیان و اثبات برتری خود شطرنجی را که مهره های آن از زمرد و یاقوت سرخ بود، به همراه هدایایی نفیس به دربار ایران فرستاد و «تخت ریتوس» دانا را نیز گماردهء انجام این کار ساخت. او در نامه‌ای به پادشاه ایران نوشت: «از آنجا که شما شاهنشاه ما هستید، دانایان شما نیز باید از دانایان ما برتر باشند. پس یا روش و شیوهء آنچه را که به نزد شما فرستاده‌ایم (شطرنج) بازگویید و یا پس از این ساو و باج برای ما بفرستید». شاه ایران پس از خواندن نامه چهل روز زمان خواست و هیچ یک از دانایان در این چند روز چاره و روش آن را نیافت، تا اینکه روز چهلم بزرگمهر كه جوانترین وزیر انوشیروان بود به پا خاست و گفت: «این شطرنج را چون میدان جنگ ساخته‌اند كه دو طرف با مهره های خود با هم می‌جنگند و هر كدام خرد و دوراندیشی بیشتری داشته باشد، پیروز می‌شود.» و رازهای کامل بازی شطرنج و روش چیدن مهره ها را گفت. شاهنشاه سه بار بر او درود فرستاد و دوازده هزار سکه به او پاداش داد. پس از آن «تخت ریتوس» با بزرگمهر به بازی پرداخت. بزرگمهر سه بار بر تخت ریتوس پیروز شد. روز بعد بزرگمهر تخت ریتوس را به نزد خود خواند و وسیلهء بازی دیگری را نشان داد و گفت: اگر شما این را پاسخ دادید ما باجگزار شما می شویم و اگر نتوانستید باید باجگزار ما باشید.» دیورسام چهل روز زمان خواست، اما هیچ یک از دانایان آن سرزمین نتوانستند «وین اردشیر» را چاره گشایی کنند و به این ترتیب شاه هندوستان پذیرفت كه باجگزار ایران باشد.

فلسفه پیدایش در تخته نرد همراه با آیین ایران باستان ترکیبی است از ناشناخته ها که سمبول آنها دایس میباشد و جواب انسان به آن که در حرکت مهره هاست. این ترکیب در طول زندگی انسان ادامه دارد و از پیش رقم زده شده نیست.

این تفاوت اصلی با شطریج میباشد که فلسفه پیدایش در هند را منعکس میکند. در شطرنج انسان ها برای همیشه طبقه بندی شده اند و ناشناخته ها از پیش سرنوشت آنها را رقم زده اند. انسان محدود به طبقه و سرنوشت با تلاش و خرد میتواند زندگی خود را بهتر بسازد ولی قادر به تغییر نیست.

سمبول های موجود در تخته نرد عبارتند از:
30 مهره : نشان گر 30 شبانه روز یک ماه
24 خانه : نشان گر 24 ساعت شبانه روز

4 قسمت زمین : 4 فصل سال
5 دست بازی : 5 وقت یک شبانه روز

2 رنگ سیاه و سپید : شب و روز
هر طرف زمین 12 خانه دارد : 12 ماه سال

Post a Comment 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next  

| Feedback | Join Us | Write For irandokt | Editorial Policy Contact | Press Room | About irandokt | 
Iran-Dokht

©2002 All rights reserved
Contact irandokht