Newsletter Art Club Yellow Pages Site Map Search Join Us Log In

Today community.gif About Power & Politics Culture & History Art & Entertainment Glam & Gossip LifeStyle Mind & Body
    Editorial Section

Nov 23, 2014
Iran-Dokht
Selected Articles

Interviews

News Headlines

Marriage Customs
  The system of marriage that existed in Kerala in the past were diverse and ingenious....  
Notice
  This section will be removed in two week. ...  
Volunteer
  Student and recent graduates who want to gain experience as well as those who...  
Community Board
IranDokht.com  >  Community Corners  >  Community Board
Related Sections 
Something To Think About
Community News
Community Board
Let Our Voices Be Heard
Laugh Out Loud ... LOL
Culture Chit-Chat
In Focus
Photographer: Gholamreza Alivand  
Article Tools Print This Email this Article Feedback Write For IranDokht
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next  

Comments    Post a Comment 
posted by admin on: 10/30/08
Halloween Trick or Treat for UNICEF

For nearly 60 years, Nobel Price winning UNICEF (United Nations Children's Fund) has been instrumental in the well being of the children of the world.
They have made a great deal of difference for the women and children of third world countries.

Once a year, at Halloween they ask that we Trick or Treat for UNICEF. For decades children here/USA have used the UNICEF orange box to Trick or Treat for the benefit of less fortunate children of the world. Americans are well familiar with this and everyone helps greatly. Let us help this Halloween be about the children of the world, and a great awareness for our own children of how helpful they can be.

You can order orange boxes from UNICEF by going on line unicefusa.org or put a jar in the house to be seen by all members and starting today, put in your pennies on daily basis, you can donate final amount at donation machines at Ralph grocery stores or others, or send check to UNICEF for tax return.

UNICEF has done miracles throughout the years, let your family be part of a miracle this year.
Regards,
Shahri Estakhry
posted by admin on: 07/30/08
What to do during an earthquake

1. If you are indoors, duck or drop down to the floor. Take cover under a sturdy desk, table or other furniture. Hold on to it and be prepared to move with it. Hold the position until the ground stops shaking and it is safe to move. Stay clear of windows, fireplaces, woodstoves, and heavy furniture or appliances that may fall over. Stay inside to avoid being injured by falling glass or building parts. If you are in a crowded area, take cover where you are. Stay calm and encourage others to do likewise.

2. If you are outside, get into the open, away from buildings and power lines.

3. If you are driving, stop if it is safe, but stay inside your car. Stay away from bridges, overpasses and tunnels. Move your car as far out of the normal traffic pattern as possible. If possible, avoid stopping under trees, light posts, power lines, or signs.

4. If you are in a mountainous area, or near unstable slopes or cliffs, be alert for falling rock and other debris that could be loosened by the earthquake.

5. If you are at the beach, move quickly to higher ground or several hundred yards inland.

posted by admin on: 06/14/08
Elderly Companion

Hello,

I apologize in advance if my email is a bit out of the blue. I am writing to you with the hopes that there may be someone in your community who may have a Farsi speaking family member or friend who would be willing to live with my mother-in-law (or could be a sort of companion for her during the day if a live-in situation is not feasible). She is 60 and very capable health-wise, and she lives in Poway.

We are in a tough situation because we live in Boston and she wants to remain in San Diego because of the extensive Iranian community and of course, the weather. My father-in-law, passed away 2 years ago and she has had a very difficult time because she does not speak English and she does not drive.

If you know of anyone who may be interested in this type of job, please email me or call me.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and any help you may be able to provide.

Anonymous

posted by admin on: 04/19/08
Clothing & School Supply Drive

We have another opportunity to send much needed clothing and educational supplies to Afghanistan. Last year, the harsh winters, killed many poor people who live in tents and their only means of heating is by means of gathering wood. Stories of having to cut fingers due to frost bites are heart wrenching and some of the aid sent in winter time could not be easily distributed due to the difficult road conditions.

This clothing drive is in time to make sure that they can be delivered to the areas that are hard to reach and where people need it most.

To help with the collection and to make it easier, you can drop off your items in front of Wholesome Choice in Irvine or at my house in Laguna Niguel:

12 Sitges
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
Tel: 949-537-1405

These projects were initiated by Cal State Fullerton Students and other youth groups. It is a great way to get our children involved.

Thank you for all your support,

Sudi

posted by admin on: 04/04/08
Cell phone NO going public

REMINDER....all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies tomorrow and you will start to receive sale calls.

....YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:
888-382-1222.
It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.
HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

It take about 20 seconds.
 Post a Comment 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next  

| Feedback | Join Us | Write For irandokt | Editorial Policy Contact | Press Room | About irandokt | 
Iran-Dokht

©2002 All rights reserved
Contact irandokht